Notice for Primary NQTs undertaking Droichead as a route to Induction:
Droichead is the sole route of Induction for NQTs with a contract of 200 or more hours in large Post-Primary schools with 400 or more students or in SEN settings.
NQTs who are engaging in the Droichead process must attend one 2-hour cluster meeting per term for the duration of their Droichead process.
Cluster Meetings may only be attended by NQTs who have applied for Droichead to the Teaching Council via the ‘My Registration’ portal on its website www.teachingcouncil.ie and received a confirmation email. The National Cluster Meeting Schedule will accompany the confirmation email and NQTs must register with the Education Centre to attend a cluster meeting.
All NQTs engaging in the Droichead process must attend Cluster Meeting 1 before attending Cluster Meeting 2 and/or 3.
At cluster meetings, NQTs will present Form D to be stamped by the facilitator as proof of attendance. Form D is available at www.teachingcouncil.ie. Please have this form with you on the night.
In addition to this, NQTs who are engaging in the Droichead process should also engage in one other professional learning activity. This may include attendance at an NIPT workshop which NQTs must register with the EC to attend.
Please note that the Teaching Council now allows that NQTs who have fulfilled the 20-hour Induction Workshop Programme requirement prior to applying for Droichead are required to attend Cluster Meeting 1, only.
Please find below the timelines for the incremental growth of Droichead in Post-Primary schools. Schools in any category may opt in to Droichead in any of these years, if they so wish, prior to the dates set out below:
Droichead the route of induction for NQTs in SEN settings or in large post-primary schools of 700 or more students
Droichead the route of induction for NQTs in SEN settings and in large post-primary schools with 400 or more students
Droichead the route of induction for NQTs in SEN settings and in post-primary schools with 200 or more students
Droichead the route of induction for all post-primary NQTs
Further information, including the Droichead policy is available on www.teachingcouncil.ie
Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements for the Teaching Council:
● If an NQT is teaching in a school with 16 or more classroom teachers (Primary), or 400 or more students (Post-Primary) or in an SEN Setting, the only route of Induction is via the Droichead process.
● Schools outside of the above categories are also offering Droichead. NQTs are asked to check with their schools as only one process can be offered at school level (i.e. Droichead or PQE [PP] / Probation [P].
● Engagement in the NIPT Induction Workshop Programme is a requirement for NQTs who are completing Probation (Primary) or PQE (Post-Primary).
● Attendance at workshops is not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the Droichead process.
● NQTs participating in Droichead may count a workshop as an Additional Professional Learning Activity, to address a professional learning need identified by them, in consultation with their PST.
Cluster 1 Meeting, which is a compulsory for Post Primary NQTS who are undertaking Droichead as a route to induction, and have not already completed Cluster 1.
Cluster 2 Meeting is for Post Primary NQTs undertaking Droichead as route to induction and have completed Cluster 1.
Cluster 3 Meeting is for Post Primary NQTs undertaking Droichead as route to induction and have completed at least Cluster 1 (and Cluster 2, depending on the duration of the NQTs’ Droichead process)
There are no events in the selected category